Thursday, May 26, 2011

2 days and counting and counting and counting...

Today marks 2 days until my daughter leaves for the summer to go to Virginia to visit her dad and my anxiety level is increasing as the days until she leaves decrease. I am going to be an utter wreck on Saturday after she leaves. I hate having her gone for so long. I can feel my heart rate increasing and my emotions are unstable. I know that she is going to have a great time but I still can't help but feel helpless when she is so far away. What if she gets sick or injured? I am 1,600 miles away. A 6 hour flight but a days drive, even though I still have family there and they would be there at the drop of a hat, it still doesn't ease the I just want my baby with me if anything bad were to happen. This time of year leaves me feeling drained and emotional, neither is a feeling that I enjoy.  So as we count down the days until her stepmom's arrival...I am stuck with feeling torn between my daughter's happiness and my own disconcerting feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment